CMR conditions (NL)
Your car is transported under the CMR conditions.
= Carrier liability that starts with loading and stops with unloading.
In accordance with the CMR legislation, the insured value is equal to 8,33 SDR / kilo.
The current value can be found on the website of IMF.
Roughly this amount corresponds to € 10 per kilogram.
The CMR insurance does not cover damage that can occur on an open transport by road in the following non-exhaustive list :
The CMR insurance does not cover loss or theft of items in the car or attached to the car.
- If the damage is due to an error of the entitled party.
- If the damage is due to a defect of the goods transported, for example a poor packaging or an invisible mechanical defect, ...
- If the damage is due to circumstances that the carrier could not avoid and the consequences of which the carrier could not prevent, for example an accident or damage as a result of a road subsidence, weather conditions such as hail, flying stones or branches, etc.
- If the damage is due to third parties, for example vandalism, malicious intent, collision with another vehicle, ...
- If the damage were caused outside the actual transport, for example in the relevant car parks where the cars are unloaded or loaded.